Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/29/2011 New Release Tuesday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODIE!

When Jodie posted one of the images from this week's new collection for the DT to work with she said, "uploaded an image for the 29th as well.....not sure if youve heard of prim (primitive)....they are kinda odd....lol..." And I swear, I SUH-WEAR, that the very first thing that popped into my mind was a university lecture/slide show on art & archaeology where Dr. D said "As you can see by this ancient cave painting, primitive man was foolhardy enough to face the brunt of an enraged and charging aurochs with nothing but the strength of his erect penis."

As it turns out, Jodie's primitive images are not of the Lascaux variety, but are instead "characterized by a childlike simplicity in its subject matter and technique." Huh, how 'bout that? You do indeed learn something new every day. . .;) Anyway, with that bit of art-babble, let me introduce you to this week's newly released collection at Bugaboo Stamps - Christmas Prim Angels. They're on sale now in our store, and just in time for you to get started on those holiday cards. . .;)

But before you stampede over to the store like a herd of charging aurochs, let me also introduce you to our GD for 12/2011 & 01/2012 - the utterly delightful & incredibly talented Linda Jessup of Pinklilacs. In her own words. . .


Hi Everyone my name is LindaI am so delighted to be joining Catch the Bug as a Guest designer for December and January, I love working with Bugaboo images and I have been a fan of for a long time, when Tammy asked me I jumped at the chance, thank you so much for asking me to a part of this wonderful team . so a little about me.

I am from the UK, but for the time being I live in Bahrain with my lovely husband Brian who works here, he is very supportive to my crafting adventures as I call them, which is bit of a task sometimes with all the mess I make in my craft room. I have always loved arts and crafts including scrapbooking, wood art, altered art and card making. 
My adventures took a turn when I found stamping three years ago and was hooked straight away, I use all kinds of mediums to colour but Copic ,Pro Markers and Prisma pencils are my favourites, I also have a blog called Pinklilacs http://pinksandlilacs.blogspot.com/ , I hope you will pop by and say Hi.

Poor Linda, she had no idea that she was going to be introduced in a post of such priapic proportions. . .;)

Linda Jessup, GD for 12/2011 & 01/2012

Cheryl First, GD for 11/2011 & 12/2011

Billie Anderson, GD for 10/2011 & 11/2011


Jen Leeflang


Joy Stagg


Amy Ely 

Note: Bugaboo Stamps makes every attempt to get our digital images uploaded to the store by noon EST for New Release Tuesday, but please accept our apologies and check back later in the day if they're not there at that time.

No comments: