Tuesday, August 30, 2011

08/30/2011 New Release Tuesday

If you've been wondering where the wild things are, take a little sneaky-peeky below. . .;) Not only is Bugaboo Stamps releasing a new collection in our store today - Mini Set | Monster Blocks - but we're also introducing a bellydancing, South African, tutoring Capricorn as our GD for 09/2011 and 10/2011.  

Please join me in welcoming the wild, the cool, the oh so sexy (and let's not forget, exceedingly talented) Jen Leeflang of ABC - Art, Bellydancing & Crafting!



Welcome Jen!!!

In her own words. . .


Jen  Leeflang, a 50-something wife and mom to three sons, living  in Durban on the East Coast of South Africa.  I gave up formal, full time employment to become a homeschool tutor in the mornings, a crafter in the afternoons and a wife and mom all the time.  I have been crafting in some form or another ever since I discovered the tools of crafting and was drawing and colouring before I could write!  I have been cardmaking for about 15 years but only discovered digital stamps just over a year ago and now I am addicted!  I serve on several design teams and also design digital stamps for the fun of it!  I love colouring and because the colours available in watercolour pencils are so limited, I developed my own technique for using any good quality colour pencils (including neons and metallics) together with mineral spirits to get a rich and deep glow with seamless blending.  I taught this technique at workshops in March 2011, at Hobby-X, the biggest Craft Expo in South Africa and have been invited back to teach again in August 2011.

I love all types of digistamps, esp cute and quirky like the Bugaboo stamps, and love participating in challenges, not for the prizes but for the fun of the challenge and the camaraderie amongst the entrants.  When deciding what to create for a challenge I think of what everyone else will do and then I do something different.  I allow the images to talk to me, and to inspire me.

Besides crafting with digistamps, I am a designer and creator of bellydance costumes, and I love the challenge of beading a truly unique belly dance bra.  I have a HUGE stash of sequins, beads, rhinestones, ribbons and trims for the costumes, and this is where my ‘signature’ of hand-sewing the beads, and sequins onto my cards comes from.

I love to share my crafts with others as I feel my talent is a blessing that I can pass on – and I usually give away the cards I have made or donate them to local charities.


(SIGH!). . .I guess I'll have to stop teasing Paul about spelling "color" incorrectly since he's no longer the only one. . .;)

Jen Leeflang, GD for 09/2011 & 10/2011

Cely Smith, GD for 07/2011 & 08/2011


Cammy Wall
Tammy Miller, DT Coordinator

Note: Bugaboo Stamps makes every attempt to get our digital images uploaded to the store by noon EST for New Release Tuesday, but please accept our apologies and check back later in the day if they're not there at that time.

2 comments:

Starla B. said...

Woo hoo! Congrats, Jen!!! Lovely cards, everyone. Super cute.

ThePurplePlace said...

You are one LUCKY girl Jen and I'm very excited for you to have this fabulous opportunity!!

I know you'll do a great job and I'll be looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations!!

Happy Coloring,
Lis