Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Release Tuesday

Every once in awhile something so incredibly wonderful happens that you have to pinch yourself just to make sure that you're not dreaming. . .:D If you're nodding your head in agreement then you know a fraction of the excitement that we felt when Cely Smith, of Creating in Carolina, agreed to be Bugaboo Stamps' GD for 07/2011 and 08/2011!

WELCOME CELY!!!
In her own words. . .
I have loved coloring since I was a little girl.  I think I must have always liked drawing too because as a child I can remember getting my fanny spanked on a weekly bases for leaving my art work on l the walls in our house. Paper had too small of boundaries!!

I'm a Carolina Girl who loves the beach, beach music, and "Shag" dancing, but my body is stuck in Greenville, South Carolina.  I would rather have the intense sun on my back and the hot grainy sand in my shoes than to have a comfortable chair to sit and view the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Art was one of my majors in college, but never pursued an art teacher position.  I’m also certified in Psychology, Learning Disabilities, Sociology and as a high school principal. I was an assistant principal for a short while and hated it....no one likes you and you would only see me if you were in trouble, well, usually...haha  While teaching resource at the high school, I used graph stamps for Algebra classes and little happy stamps for checked papers.  The students seemed to always love the stamps even if it wasn’t a good grade...haha  Anyhow, I was at Hobby Lobby one day looking for stamps for students and found a House Mouse stamp.  The rest is history.

I am more into card making than 3D projects or scrapbooks.  When I finish a card and send to someone, it’s such a feel good all over sensation.  I really like to make cards to share on my blog....something that doesn’t take too long to make, not complicated, can usually be sent with one stamp and still have that “wow” factor, make someone laugh or go ahhhh.

Other facts:
  • Have a wonderful husband, 2 sons (28 and 17) and two adorable doggies
  • Still dabble in stained glass light catchers
  • Enjoy water aerobics, dancing and the elliptical for exercise
  • A peach lover
  • Fetishes:  coolers and craft punches (my family and friends will confirm that!)
  • Love to cook...hate to clean the house (I’m a great straightener!)
  • Love the outdoors, but hate camping
  • Love taking things apart to see how they work
  • Let me be at the beach, fish, soak up the sun and I will be a happy Cely

And speaking of that "wow" factor, Cely got started early and with a great, big BANG! Just take a look below at her absolutely fan-freakin'-tastic project using one of the images from our new Gus Sports collection. . .WOW! :D

Cely Smith, GD for 07/2011 & 08/2011

Gus Sports is available for purchase in Bugaboo Stampsstore starting to-day! But before you reel in some images for yourself, take a look below at some of the best-catch-ever projects that the DT's created.

 Marilyn Webb, GD for 06/2011 & 07/2011

Melissa Sackman


 Tammy Miller, DT Coordinator

Note: Bugaboo Stamps makes every attempt to get our digital images uploaded to the store by noon EST for New Release Tuesday, but please accept our apologies and check back later in the day if they're not there at that time.

4 comments:

Jessie Lubyk said...

Awesome release.....I must head over to the store when I'm done work ;)

candi said...

Congrats Cely! Can't wait to see what you'll have for us!

*CAFE said...

Great DT cards....awesome Gus image, and so glad to see Cely on board as a Bugaboo GDT! :0)

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

LOL!! Gus fishing. So my oldest brother!! Great cards DT.